Currently, the Long Island STEM Hub is a consortium of Long Island leaders who believe that we can do great things working together. As our consortium grows, we intend to establish a new or participate in an existing 501.c.3 organization to facilitate further impact. Opportunities do exist to support Long Island STEM Hub activities and events as they occur. Many have already sponsored the STEM Hub in a variety of ways. Below are some examples:
- Northwell Health – supports the co-stewardship of the Hub and often contributes financial support to events and activities associated with the Hub.
- Brookhaven Science Associates (BSA) – as the managing contractor for Brookhaven National Laboratory, BSA supports the co-stewardship of the Hub and often contributes financial support to events and activities associated with the Hub.
- Cradle of Aviation Museum – many STEM Hub events and activities have been hosted by the Cradle of Aviation as the Nassau County anchor site for the Hub. They have often contributed financially as well.
- Farmingdale State College – Farmingdale’s centrally located campus has often been made available to host events related to the STEM Hub.
- Long Island Community Foundation – much of the early support for the Hub was provided through a grant award from the Foundation
- Workforce Development Institute (WDI) – a workshop held to help the region prepare for the changing “middle skills” was sponsored by WDI.
- Empire State Development Corporation – a regional economic development grant was awarded to the Long Island STEM Hub and has enabled much work to be done to advance the initiative.
- Molloy University – A private Long Island, NY liberal arts college in the Dominican tradition.
- Many others – many other organizations, schools and universities from across the Island have given their time and energy to supporting Hub events and activities such as the annual Celebration and Student and Industry Showcase and the annual Teacher Professional Development Day.
If you would like to participate or contribute in any way, please reach out to the Long Island STEM Hub Co-Stewards:
Cheryl Davidson, Director Workforce Readiness, North Shore-LIJ Health System
Ken White, Manager, Office of Educational Programs Brookhaven National Labs