The Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory DNA Learning Center is hiring. To learn more or apply, click here.
The Dolan DNA Learning Center (DNALC), an educational unit of Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, has a full-time position as a lab technician. This individual will support a multi-disciplinary team that designs and implements lab experiences for pre-college and college-age students, and their teachers.
- Preparing and testing reagents for use in experiments during student enrichment and faculty training programs.
- Maintenance of organisms used in experiments including bacteria, nematodes, and fruit flies.
- Classroom upkeep and equipment setup, testing, and inventory.
- Management and training of high school and college interns.
- Packing and maintaining kits that include equipment and reagents for use by teachers and students at their school.
- Participating in independent or team projects, mentored by DNALC staff members, focusing on translating current research into new experiments for the educational programs offered through the DNALC.
Experience: At least one year of professional experience is preferred.
Other: An interest and experience in molecular biology is desired. Must also have reliable transportation to and from the DNALC. Attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks, and troubleshooting skills are expected. Knowledge of standard operating procedures, batch records, and other good practices is preferred.