Teachers often don’t have the opportunity to see how industry applies the content taught in the classroom. Join our mailing list for updates on opportunities for teachers to meet and collaborate with our industry partners. Opportunities include:
- The annual Long Island STEM Hub Student and Industry Showcase with a program featuring business leaders sharing their insights on STEM changes affecting their industries.
- Teacher Professional Development Day – each year on election day, businesses open their doors to teachers for an opportunity to get first- hand on the floor experience.
Funding Opportunities for Students, Teachers & Schools
- Provides grants to nonprofit charitable organizations, public school district, or private/public elementary and secondary schools to further fund STEM and environmental education.
- Promotes aerospace education for students grades K-12.
- Grants to individuals fund participation in high-quality professional development experiences, such as summer institutes or action research; or grants to groups fund collegial study, including study groups, action research, lesson study, or mentoring experiences for faculty or staff new to an assignment.
- STEM Grants features news, updates and a free downloadable guide to STEM (Science, Technology Engineering, and Mathematics) educational grants for K-12, educational non-profits, and universities.
- Career Activities and Lesson Plans
- Jobs/careers lessons teacher printable/ activities
- International Technology and Engineering Educators Association TECHNOLOGY and ENGINEERING EDUCATION RESOURCES
- Siemens STEM Academy Resource