Enroll today in Power Up! Wind, Solar & Renewables – a free United Way of Long Island training program that creates a pathway for participants to secure careers in the fields of renewable energy, smart grid, and green construction.
Take your first step towards a career in renewable energy with this free four-week program which includes:
- Introduction to wind turbines and renewables
- Energy and environmental building alliance (EEBA) entry-level certification
- Building science principles
- Assistance with job placement
- A classroom learning model as well as hands-on, in-person training
- Three hours a day, 17 days of in-person training for a total of 50 hours
The next class of 25 students will begin on April 25th, Monday through Thursday, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.
Participants must be 18 years of age or older and have a valid driver’s license.
To apply, visit the Student Application Page by clicking here: https://www.unitedwayli.org/powerupcareertraining.
Also, be sure to also check out the video about the program below!